Lauren Oliver: YALLFest Interview

The author interviews continue!

So, if y'all don't know about this amazing festival yet, please get on board. I have gone for the past 2 years (as long as it's been in existence) and it is the most fun I have in a day! The growth from the 1st year to the 2nd was phenomenal! I can only imagine what this 3rd year will be.
Check out yallfest.org for more information!

Today's interview is from Lauren FREAKIN' Oliver!!! I am trying to keep from fainting and fangirling! I may be able to control the fainting, but the fangirling, I can't! *fangirl on*

Lauren is the author of the Delirium Trilogy, Before I Fall, Liesl & Po, and more! 
Jonathan Alpeyrie, 2011
Picture borrowed from http://www.laurenoliverbooks.com

What one thing do you need to have when you write?
Coffee!

What is the hardest line to write- the first or the last?
Honestly, neither. It’s just every single line in between that feels impossible.

Best writing tip you ever received?
Aim for truth and beauty will follow.

Tell us 5 random facts about yourself.
I have fourteen tattoos. I can fall asleep any time, any place. I have a phobia of worms. I hate fruit. I wrote my first novel largely on my Blackberry.

Where's your favorite place to write?
In my sunroom in upstate New York.

What are you working on now?
Two different middle grade books and an untitled young adult novel that my agent described as “the most disturbing thing he’s ever read.” Oops!

What is your favorite genre to write in? To Read?
I love realistic books that include just a hint of fantasy.
Check out her website for more information, or better yet, join us in November and meet her in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment