Review: Every Day

Title: Every Day
Author: David Levithan
Source: Borrowed from my Library

Goodreads Summary & Cover:

There’s never any warning about where it will be or who it will be. A has made peace with that, even established guidelines by which to live: Never get too attached. Avoid being noticed. Do not interfere.It’s all fine until the morning that A wakes up in the body of Justin and meets Justin’s girlfriend, Rhiannon. From that moment, the rules by which A has been living no longer apply. Because finally A has found someone he wants to be with—day in, day out, day after day.


My Thoughts:
Ahhh, this book! I really enjoyed Every Day. A LOT! The concept of waking up in a new body every day was intriguing. Not intriguing enough that I'd want to do it...but fun, nonetheless!

The relationship that A developed with Rhiannon was beautiful! The way she could tell it was him with just his eyes...beautiful! Poetic!

I liked that he accepted the person he was for the day. How he never tried to change who they were. He didn't want to damage any part of the person's life. No prejudice. No hate.

The way the story ended, I sobbed. I had to go back and re-read and make sure I understood correctly. Talk about truly caring for someone and loving them...WOWZAS!

My Rating:
Simply AMAZING!

Every Day is on my list for the Stand Alone Challenge.

7 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to read this book for a long time now! I definitely should start. Great review! :)


    - Ellie @ The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still waiting on this one from my library. I can't wait to read this. Great review...

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is up high on my wishlist! It sounds amazing and your review makes me want to read it as soon as possible. Thanks for reviewing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this sound really good. The idea is intriguing! I'm so glad you liked it! I can't wait to read it.

    <3 Inky@ Book Haven Extraordinaire

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book looks AWESOME! I'm on the waiting list at the library for it ... it just sounds like such a beautiful concept! I love that the main character accepts who he is each day -- that would be so hard!

    Thanks for sharing, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, what a fab review! I treated myself to buying this a few weeks ago and really need to make time to snuggle in with it soon! I'm already falling for A, can't wait to find out more about him!
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a fantastic concept. Thanks for review.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete