Sweet Evil Review

Title: Sweet Evil
Author: Wendy Higgins
Source: Purchased by me

Goodreads Summary:
What if there were teens whose lives depended on being bad influences? 
This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels in Sweet Evil.


Tenderhearted Southern girl, Anna Whitt, was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She’s aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but it isn’t until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage, and her will-power is put to the test. He’s the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.


Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?

My Take:
Let me start this review by saying...DO NOT WATCH THE TRAILER! OMG! I apologize many, many times to whoever made it, but it was awful! That accent...AWFUL! As a Southern gal, I am highly offended.

Now, onto the book!

I need more Kaiden Rowe. Now.

Anna has always been a goody-goody. She turns 16 in this book and meets the mysterious Kaiden Rowe. When he sees her, he pelts her with questions. Questions in which she has no answers to. She doesn't know what she is. She just knows that she has some special "talents".

There is a hierarchy of demons -- or, fallen angels. Our main character, Anna, is the daughter of a Duke: the Duke of Substance Abuse. She, of course, doesn't know this until well into the book.

After meeting Kaiden, she tells her adoptive mother about it. As time passes on, Kaiden answers some questions for Anna and takes her to California to meet her father as well as a Nun who was present when Anna was born. Kaiden, is the son of the Duke of Lust. (Hubba, hubba! I mean...gross! Yeah. Gross...) Kaiden's job is to, well, you know. He tries a couple of times with Anna during their cross-country trip, but her good girl demeanor (although tested biiiiig time) stops any and all action. Both on her side, and his. Good boy! That one part...*sigh*...made me love you, Kaiden Rowe.

Sweet Evil focuses on the evils and temptations of demons toward humans, while guardian angels are on duty. Yeah, imagine the devil and the angel sitting on your shoulders. That was even the comparison used in the book.

Anna immediately has a great relationship with her father. She anticipated and held in so much anger, but it just "poofed" when they met. He came and trained her and helped her learn her tolerances for her "job". He didn't want his baby girl involved, but knew that Lucifer would have his Legionnaires on lookout. And hey, for the record...I think that New Year's Eve party would have been a blast! Well, in my younger days, anyway. :)

The ending of this book stuck a dull, blunt object through my heart. Oy!!! Have I already mentioned that I need more Kaiden Rowe? Now?

I can't wait to see how Anna's good side and the item she received from the Nun come into play! Very excited!

Side note: When a character is described as being really tan, he shouldn't be pale on the cover of the book.

My Rating:
You should definitely check out this book! Go ahead and invest in a copy! Veeerrrrry interesting!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome review, Lisa! Harper sent me a copy of this one, but I haven't gotten to it yet, seems like I should remedy this! By the way, I haven't read the trailer... maybe I shouldn't? Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes! Read it! :) I'd love to see what you think of it.

      Only watch the trailer if you want to be highly offended by the Southern accent used. As someone who lives in Texas, I think you'll understand.

      Tell ya what...watch it after you read the book just so you know what I'm talking about and so you don't have that stuck in your head while reading! LOL!

      Delete
  2. gr8 review
    dosh garn it
    my copy has not arrived jet lol

    i need this book now

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sort of curious to see the trailer now. I don't like live in the South and I can't do a Southern accent but I'm curious as to how horrible it is.

    I can't wait to read this book. I'm into the hierarchy with the Dukes and what not. Plus, Lucifer does make an appearance and how authors portray him is always interesting.

    ReplyDelete