Spell Bound Review

Title: Spell Bound
Author: Rachel Hawkins
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Source: Purchased my own copy

Goodreads Summary:
Hailed as “impossible to put down,” the Hex Hall series has both critics and teens cheering. With a winning combination of romance, action, magic and humor, this third volume will leave readers enchanted. 
Just as Sophie Mercer has come to accept her extraordinary magical powers as a demon, the Prodigium Council strips them away. Now Sophie is defenseless, alone, and at the mercy of her sworn enemies—the Brannicks, a family of warrior women who hunt down the Prodigium. Or at least that’s what Sophie thinks, until she makes a surprising discovery. The Brannicks know an epic war is coming, and they believe Sophie is the only one powerful enough to stop the world from ending. But without her magic, Sophie isn’t as confident. 
Sophie’s bound for one hell of a ride—can she get her powers back before it’s too late? 

My Thoughts:
Oh, YAY! Finally! Archer or Cal? Cal or Archer? I'm pleased with the outcome. Sad about one part, but it worked for this story. Very well!

Rachel Hawkins has written another book that has lots of humor. The amount of nervousness that Sophie feels, she exudes that much wit in return. It's hilarious! Honestly, who doesn't make bad jokes when they're nervous? I do!



This book had more information for Sophie to find out more of who she is...from her mother's side of the family. We got her dad's history in Demonglass. With the cliffhanger in Demonglass, you kind of figured it out, but it's nice to see you're correct in your assumption!


I'm glad that Hawkins wrote such great friends for Sophie. Imagine taking on evil on your own! When Jenna and Archer joined Sophie and Cal when they were going to the Underworld...I just sobbed. I had to put the book down for a moment! Sheesh! Archer, Jenna, Cal, and even Elodie were great in this book!


Yay for Mrs. Casnoff! Without her, there is no telling what would have happened there at the end.


Overall, I enjoyed and really liked Spell Bound. However, there wasn't as much "SHAZAM!" in this one as the first 2 books. I love the series and will read all 3 again at some point. They all have a happy home on my lovely bookshelf...and my heart.


PS. I <3 Sophie Mercer-Atherton-Brannick!!! Hehehehe What? She said she'd hyphenate! :)

My Rating:

Everyone should read this book! If you haven't read the first two, what are you waiting for?!?!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this book to finally come to my local bookstore! your review shows that spellbound is as great as Demonglass. I wonder why they went to the underworld.
    I love your mickey mouse pictures!
    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was soooo happy that this book was on my doorstep yesterday. I had just finished reading a book before I got home, so it was perfect timing! I did love this book! I love closure. :) Hehehe

    Welcome to my blog! Hope you enjoy my ramblings and sometimes squealy girl moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! Your so funny! I also predicted that Sophie's mother was apart of the red-headed leaque!

    ReplyDelete